Saturday, April 28, 2007

What I do......

....with most of my clients. I have a lot of athletes as clients. Therefore people consider me a "sports massage therapist". Everything that I do may benefit everyday non athletes as well.

What can you expect from a John Minton massage? I do lots of the basic things that you have experienced in a regular massage. I can do deep pressure and I use some "energy modalities" as well like acupressure and craniosacral therapy. The one thing that seperates me from other massage therapists is stretching. I incorporate some serious stretching in my massage and all of my clients love it. They enjoy it because it feels so good and it brings about additional release from areas of tension. I even have an 83 year old client that loves the stretching.

When you come for a massage from me, I'm going to work on you and there is a good chance that I am going to find some areas that need additional work. Does that mean that I'm going to suggest that you come 2 times per week for the next three months? No, I am going to show you some stretches that are simple to perform that will help you. All of the stretches that I send my clients home with are easy to perform at home or in the office. It is my goal to help all of my clients achieve long term muscle health so they can keep "living life".

Massage is good for the mind as well as the body. It gives us a "mental break" from all of the tension and stress that we experience in our everyday life. Just the other day, I had a client say "it feels so good to do something for myself".

Remember, healthy muscles contribute to healthy joints. The body is always striving for balance. Massage is a great assist to that balance.

No comments: